Divorce is not just putting couples under emotional strain but it’s also potentially harming their retirement plans.
After a home, a pension fund can be the second largest asset owned by a family. On divorce or dissolution of a marriage, you can split pensions several ways but achieving a fair resolution of all the financial issues can be a very stressful process.
We are highly experienced in advising clients and their legal representatives involved in divorce proceedings on how to achieve a fair resolution.
- Establishing how much pensions (work pensions, personal pensions and State pension) are worth
- Transfer values
- Advising on what can be divided (the rules for England & Wales differ to Scotland)
- Do you need a court order?
- Post retirement divorce
- The financial impact of divorce
- Post-divorce financial planning
If you are – or fear that you might become – involved in divorce proceedings then please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll provide you with expert and wholly confidential advice.