Freedom is usually accompanied by responsibility – in this case the responsibility to use newly accessed wealth wisely and because this is a complex area, consulting a suitably qualified professional to help make the right choices is highly advisable.
We are pensions specialists and able to advise on:
- Establishing your future requirements and financial aspirations
- Financial independence – a secure and safe financial future
- New pensions freedoms – using your pension pot wisely
- Retirement income options – annuities/types of drawdown
- Tax relief and pensions – annual and lifetime limits
- Lifetime allowances
- The State Pension – new rules
- Defined contribution pension schemes – providing an income in retirement
- Defined Benefit Schemes – secure income for life
- Personal pensions – tax efficient saving for retirement
- Self-invested personal pensions (SIPPs)
Under the new rules, those aged 55 with a defined contribution pension can now access their entire pension pot and use it at their discretion. Never before has professional and expert advice been more important than the decision on how to best use these hard fought savings.
The new pension freedoms have provided impetus for those approaching retirement to plan ahead particularly as life expectancy increases and later life care becomes part of the financial equation.
It is never too early to start saving and planning how to use the funds accumulated to secure your financial well-being in retirement.